Briccialdi Flutes Features
ALL BRICCIALDI models have a NEW SYSTEM HEADJOINT STOPPER PLUG.
This is a device that replaces the standard cork stopper.
It leaves the headjoint to vibrate more freely thanks to the very small contact surface (has only one little rubber gasket, installed and centered handmade).
It consists of one piece to fit in the same way you mount the standard cork stopper.
The screw works for 99% of the flutes ( Yamaha, Pearl, Muramatsu, etc.).
The reflective surface and the resonating metal chamber is made of titanium, oxidation resistant almost as platinum, extraordinary hardness ratio / weight. It weighs about 40% less than steel but with similar resistance.
This system will make your flute easier to play at lower notes, and especially the second and third octave sound become warmer and ready.
We offer you for free a titanium crown too.
The crown weight affects the sound quality too.
All our recent flute producion is HANDMADE with great attention to details.
- Depending on the total hours of work and quality of materials used, all our models are offered in two different degrees of quality: Step 1 and Step 2. This is to meet the economic needs of everyone, and always offering a product of exceptional quality / price ratio.
YAMAHA HEADJOINT: for several decades Yamaha headjoint garantuee of excellent quick response and a warm rich tone on all registers. At request we can install a Yamaha headjoint in our flutes.
SOLDERED TONE HOLES (available for "1818", "Belcanto" and "Argento III" model): Since drawn and rolled toneholes are constructed from the flute tube itself, the flute has slightly less metal and weight than a flute with soldered toneholes. A thicker tube will generally provide a darker, richer sound. Many flutists find that they can achieve the flexibility they desire along with the complexity of sound typically associated with soldered toneholes by selecting the optimal tubing thickness. Because soldered toneholes are made separately from the flute tube, they are by nature thicker than drawn and rolled toneholes. This characteristic, combined with the solder or braze that is used to fuse the toneholes to the flute tube, brings more weight to the tube. The result is a flute with positive resistance and a dark, dense sound. Soldered toneholes are generally a good choice for flutists who play with a fast and compact air stream by providing stability without overpowering the flute.The soldered tone holes are perfectly flat so the the pads closing are more reliable over time
- Special finish Triple Silver Plating: because nickel surface could cause allergies. Our Special finish TRIPLE silver plating is more resistant to oxidation and creates a tone that is warm and rich.
- OPTIONAL ROSE GOLD PLATING
- Open holes (French model): central openings are covered by the fingertips when depressed. Students may use temporary plugs to cover the holes in the keys until they master the more precise finger placement needed to play open-hole keys. Some players state that open-hole keys permit louder and clearer sound projection in the flute's lower register.Open holes can be used for effects such as bending and shading, and the player can crack some holes to bring pitch back up when playing softly on high register notes. Playing open holes requires and therefore develops fingering accuracy that is not essential on plateau keys. Some clever trills that make use of the open hole venting for better pitch. Open hole flutes can be used as closed hole by inserting plugs in the holes
- E- mechanism: A split E mechanism allows venting only one G key while fingering high E. This facilitates production of the high E and it provides a more stable response.
- Offset G: the G keys are offset slightly from the rest of the keys, mounted on their own posts, separate from the other keys. A growing number of flutists prefer the comfort and hand position on the offset G flute.
- French Pointed Arms: A key design that connects keys to the rod with a raised, pointed arm which extends to the center of the key. Also refered to as "Styled keys". It gives more strenght to the keys.
- Engraved or Satined keys: they give more elegance to the flute.
- ITALIAN LUCIANO PISONI PADS: DELUXE J YELLOW: Double yellow bladder, pressed felt special treatment. While on the S2 Models are padded with Professional S2 Pisoni pads (microfiber-delrin half shell and delrin stabilizer).The pads are among the most important elements of a flute. Briccialdi Flutes has decided to rely solely on the Luciano Pisoni Music Center for the supply of Bearings. World Leader in this field. Result of a perfect blend of Italian craft tradition, high quality materials and advanced manufacturing technology.
(You can order variations to the standard features)